Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Butterflies

Sweetheart, Let me start with the story of 'Those butterflies’

Remember the first time we had met
Me, just the college going lad, spectacled, a little out of fashion hair …rolled up shirt, slightly torn denim
You the princess@ next lane, no idea how many heart- fails your beauty had caused by then
Ohh those stunning eyes and sparkling skin, radiant hair and the joyful heart within …

You remember first time that our gazes had met …that ‘red and red’ blush you had all over your face
You know what I felt then?  Let me see how much you know me .come on give it a guess
Ok let me say … that very day ,I knew you are my first love and will be my last love

And that is when, ‘they’ came,they hugged , as I kept looking at you ,‘they’ invaded me, and gently kissed my eyes
They spread with Ă©lan, from my eyes to  my heart and to my stomach, and all that is mine,the story of ‘those butterflies’                            


 Sweetheart, you need to hear me out still, today is a ‘nice’ day and I want to put our love-logue on reel
That red on your face … painted my heart red ….like red perpetually and red without end

And since that day …to make you smile, I could walk a thousand mile
The 1st thing I ever wanted was ‘you’ … the second thing I  wanted was ‘you’ and the only thing I ever wanted was ‘you’

(That thought puts me to a nice dream …let me wake up)

Haha … if I think, it makes me grin … how strange all these passing years since then, have been
My spectacles have given way to lenses and the college boy in me has grown into a man
My love for you grew exponentially as you grew up to be the most beautiful lady in this planet

(Although the ‘red ‘ on your face these days  seems less natural and more the cosmetics that you apply)

And your love ...ohh your love has grown, bigger, better and ripe
... not for me ,but for all the other men that have come into your life

Sweetheart how could it be, that same ‘you’ loves someone and that someone is not me
And you my sweetheart never for a moment  thought you would have to pay a price
For breaking my faith, raking my brain …taking away all ‘those butterflies’ …

The first time you ‘cheated’ … I thought my fault still and I had slapped myself hard, consoled my heart
Thus, First time slapped
Second time slapped (as you cheated me again)
Third time slapped (and yet again)

And the Fourth time I have stabbed and I have stabbed with a big sharp knife,right here today,right  across your heart

And now my sweetheart as you lie in front of me, still and tranquil, and so beautifully closed eyes
And that lips and that skin and hair and majesty …sweetheart I can again feel the butterflies

And this is the story of ‘these butterflies’ and they will stay with me forever and ever
Now no more he, it is just you and me …ohh in demise you did such an awesome surrender…

And as you lie, still and dead ,With the blood that’s oozing out from the big knife injury , I shall paint you red
Now no more he, it is just you and me …that same room of mine, in this same bed

Sweetheart, You remain still …and just feel …feel as I touch you, one one inch one one time

And with the butterflies all over now, I shall make love to you as if I was making love to you first time all over again
As if it was just the college boy and just the 'princess of the next lane'

We shall freeze this moment, preserve this love, the ’red’ in you and the butterflies forever from now



( A dangerous fictional character somewhere deep inside us ,just murdered 'his girlfriend' ... )


22 comments:

  1. really nice.. but somehow I can feel there is a tussle between materialistic world which has crawled in2 the poem led to destruction of a ''seldom found true love story''.. those metaphorical butterflies brings harsh images of life.. I ask you one thing?? why a love story which started with optimism ended in myriad of scepticism about life, world , love, concious 2 sub concious reality...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know the guy ...but he is deep down some where in so many of us ...donno if he is a loon,a true lover or just a murderer ...saikat i fear more love stories do not suffer the same end ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good piece of work Subhadeep,the one thing i liked about this poem is it's very unpredictable..however, u know i realy doubt about the love existing..b/w them..view it pragmatically..if that guy realy loved her he could have left her, let her live her life and found a new partner for himself..neways different people different perception..i doubt this poem hold true for the contemporary world..but i liked it as u have written it..hehehe and yeah please guess whoes written this comment..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ..iam divy's frnd .. she asked me to read this poem called "butterflies"

    iam not much into poems .. der is alwys a mysterious charectr in all of us when we r in love ...in this poem you tried to define dat charectr to a vry good extent ... n yea love is pain if u accept pain its happiness :) ....
    A very good write ..CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somewhere deep inside i feel its sooo true... We all hate the lover who Cheats us.. and after that all we think of is Destruction... or may be we just want them to realize how much we were hurt by their behavior...

    A very Dramatic and Smooth expression of harsh love story..!!!
    Loved it Deep..!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Read the poem and I loved the backdrop! The dark shades of an emotion so glorified - Love!! Vry natural for all to sympathize with 'the guy' due to the sheer beauty of this poem and the pain in his thoughts...
    Hence tried replying to this one from the "girl friend's" point of view... Tuk the time to write this only because this poem of urz made me write :D Superb!!

    So Here goes ---


    I remember the first time we met..
    Your carbon-framed spectacles, your neatly oiled hair,
    The blue stripes on ur shirt...
    Your complexion, unusually so fair!

    Aah! I do remember the first time our glances met,
    From the corner of my eye your crimsoned cheeks I had noticed.
    I knew it then, as I know it now of how weak my heart felt...
    For the first love of my life I gathered it all - faith, trust, hope and more.

    And as those butterflies cuddled your heart and sealed our fate,
    I saw a thousand dreams blossom in the nectar of true love...
    And with every chocolate we shared, a smile to you I did dedicate,
    It was the time when the best part of every day was 'You' my love...

    It was the time when I felt safe in your arms,
    Like a baby in its mother's womb...
    And I didn't ask for you the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time; my world was you and my lifeline - your charms!
    To close my eyes with you, I would have given it up all - taken endless re-births to be in the same tomb..

    But today as I hear you, I bleed in my grave...
    As the world reads how I cheated time and again!
    I wish I could resurrect to cry out loud how I fought so brave...
    How I swallowed the agony and pushed back the pain!

    Why did I chose to keep it all a secret?
    Was it my love, my insecurity or my helplessness?
    How I wish I had the strength to question every lie, to ridicule every argument...
    To ignore the hurt and fake some happiness!!

    How I wish I had it in me to confront...
    To confront "Her" as she drew you away from me...
    To "her" jokes then you would laugh, for my worries - your replies blunt!
    And when you danced with her at the prom night, my tear-filled eyes you failed to see!

    Your ignorance crushed my strength, my faith, my pride...
    I saw no tomorrow - dreams devoid of colour; simply black and white!
    When few friends cared and helped me through...
    More humiliation I saw as your suspicions grew!!

    Given a choice I would never look back to that day...
    When you questioned my love and accused that I had strayed!
    The day when I died lying in your arms - with no regret, no dismay...
    Holding the knife at the center of my heart in a pool of burdened blood then I laid!!

    How i wish you knew it was never 'He' but always only 'You' and 'Me'...
    About the fantacy I cherished - 'U', 'I' and our 'lil Kids'!!
    With every stab of the knife you set my soul free...
    A freedom that I longed for.. To love without expectations or limits..

    But today, Honey, I have to say...
    That I love you more and Love you beyond time...
    A love that ceased to diminish when you made love to my cage of flesh and bones!!
    When my corpse you felt inch by inch, I kept believing you are mine!

    To smile with you, I'll come to life again,
    As the rose in your garden , the pulse in your vein or simply the beautiful butterfly...
    To spread with elan, from your eyes to your heart to your stomach to take away the pain..
    And preserve our love, the "selfish Love" to which our world complies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. divv...fantastic,truly fantastic ...
    the world will be so more poetical with all of we writing together ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmm 1 of divys frnds......
    characters, well portrayed,
    love well explained.
    pretty gud words i heard aftr a long long tym :)
    keep it up .....lykd it ....
    u can dorp by my blog if u feel u wanna read...

    http://shanefernz.blogspot.com/

    cya keep rytin ......

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing divya.... subhadeep is makin great poets here./..
    very impressive :)))
    ANUJ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 good poems ..a form of Juggal bandhein .... I read the original poem again after the 'response'....

    The poems by itself were absolutely 'fabulous' ... though I still don't understand why if you had 2 characters full of 'unrequited love' , did the ending come to what it should not have come to ??

    Yeaah .. I get your 'logic' but then honestly speaking ... the character's don't do justice to the poem ... Most of the time it's the opposite ... But thankfully there are these rare occasions.

    (Ohh !! I am a bit sober now ... no 'Tequila' shots today :P )

    ReplyDelete
  12. caterpillar turned butterfly today...u grew as writer @ DIVYA...luvd d flow of thots..mebbe in heaven both cld confess der love..as dey say true luv nvr dies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deep ... Fundamentally goaded by a mutual friend who poked me into coming here & 'commenting' on your Poem :P ... I must confess with wholly noble intentions that ...

    'Wish they had printed these poems in Balbharathein English Text book ..... instead of the others ..'

    Would have made for hot debates & excellent off-topic discussions at least !!!

    A pity our system is mired in the past, wherein they assume good poetry only 'ought' to come from the blades of those Western sophomores ...

    Carry on Deep ... Carry on ...

    It wouldn't do justice to your poem if i don't comment on divvyy's poem as for some weird reason ... 'she completes you" ( The poem.. I mean )

    To narrate the elegy of a victim, whose soul seemed burnt & scarred,
    would cost one as much as suffering as he that cast the mark.

    To an uncaring skeptic, death concludes all , that end .. the finite of the infinite
    a look at your sonnet, the soul utters a sigh ... a slight reassurance, love redeems all ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. for all of you who have dropped in ...thanks for doing so .You know what guys,love the characters,hate the characters,they are characters nonetheless ...will wait to hear from you personally,have not you guys come across or felt some one inside yourself who is as 'crooked',weird,cruel ...

    ohh share your stories,come out from the darkness,or rather share the darkness lurking in unshared corridors of mind.i am tired of meeting so called 'good people' anyways

    ReplyDelete
  15. @shane (metal maniac:D), anuj, the tequila guy (pardon me for calling u dat..but will stick to it as long as u chose to remain anonymous!!)and sajit.... thanks all of u for ur feedback.. :)

    @tequila guy---- there r two people... and there's the "unrequited love"... But not good enough reasons for a predictable happy ending... Only the lucky few have it exactly the way they want.. :) and the mysterious "lil villain" in each of us is no mirage... Dark, shady, subdued undertones to the human psyche are worth pondering on.. suppa interesting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love is shot down in a blaze of glory...excellent prosy ripples

    @Divya...the depiction is pretty rhythmic as well

    ReplyDelete
  17. fantastic poem divya di... luvd it...!!
    ur a gr8 poet didz... n evn ur frnd..u 2 wer awsm..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. corny..aager gulo bhalo chilo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. the 1st part is really nice..vry genuine..ry tru..smthn wch evry1 experinces atleast once..1st luv..butterflies is a vry apt metaphor..simple wrds weaved well say a lot.....bt d stry tks a dangerous turnn..as if a crime-patrol stry of one-sided luv..bt mayb a harsh reality 4 many unfortunately!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. In love with both the poems..I could relate with all the lines..............:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Durdanto! This one is just marvelous... Oh! How Sinister! Loved it...! it was warm n sweet but then became red with rage n unpredictably chilly! WAH WAH!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superb, dangerously fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete